EASTERN CRICKET ASSOCIATION INC
CODE OF BEHAVIOUR 2023/24
As part of a player and club’s registration with this association is the requirement that all clubs, their registered players and members adhere to the following Code of Behaviour
ROLE OF CLUBS
- Clubs shall exercise great care in the selection of captains.
- Clubs shall closely monitor and fully support the efforts of captains in regard to the maintenance of the Code of Behaviour.
- Clubs shall be responsible during matches for the maintenance of order by their members and any other person with whom a relationship of affinity exists.
ROLE OF CAPTAINS
- Captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the spirit of the game as well as the Laws of Cricket.
ATTITUDE TOWARDS UMPIRES
- Recognise that the umpire is in charge and has the final say.
- Courtesy and respect should be shown at all times.
- If, in anyone’s opinion, an umpire misinterprets a rule, avoid heckling or arguing with him or opposition players. Any registered player of club official disputing an umpire’s decision, using abusive, threatening or language, during or after a match, within or outside the playing field, is liable to be reported.
- If clubs are unhappy with an umpire’s performance, the correct procedure is to make a constructive report to the Umpires’ Officer.
ROLE OF PLAYERS
- Avoid making uncomplimentary or unnecessary remarks to opponents.
- Opposition players are guests and should be treated as such.
- Avoid becoming involved in discussions between an umpire and your opponents.
- Praise for good play of an opponent is a sign of sportsmanship.
- Out-going and in-coming batsmen should cross on the field.
- Bowlers should return to the start of their run-up without delay and should be ready to bowl without wasting time.
- Players should assist captains and umpires in the smooth running of the game.
- Fielders should move quickly between overs and when required to change their fielding positions.
- The setting and changing of the field should be undertaken without delay.
- Alcohol or other illegal substances should not be utilised by players whilst the game is in progress.
- Use social media with discretion and whilst using this do not abuse others or expose others to content that is offensive, inappropriate or for an illegal purpose.
- Adhere to Member Protection Policy & Child Safety Policy as adopted by Cricket Victoria.